Next up on my style loves is Molly, who is a junior elementary and special education major. She, like Alyssa, also lives on my wing and is a good friend of mine. She can wear the quirkiest things but make them look uber-cool, and she has some killer jewelry. Here’s the breakdown:
Top: Simply Vera (Kohl’s)
Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Nine West
1. Describe your style in three words. 3. Where do you find inspiration for your outfits?
Colorful, bohemian, and bi-polar.
2. What are some of your favorite places to shop, and who are some of your favorite designers?
I love shopping at Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, but I also love shopping at thrift stores. Marc Jacobs and Matthew Williamson are both pretty incredible designers; I love Williamson’s long patterned dresses.
As creepy as it sounds, I find a lot of fashion inspiration from Facebook creeping on other peoples profiles. I also love looking at magazines and websites for inspiration.
4. How do you figure out what you want to wear?
I try to start off with one central piece that I know I want to wear, like a pair of boots or a striped tee, and then work around that item to create a whole outfit (although most days I just throw on the first thing I see).
5. Who are your style icons?
I love Marlo Thomas’s style from the 1960’s show “That Girl.” I also love Whitney Port’s style.
6. How do you want to see your style evolve this year? What risks do you want to take?
I see my style “growing up” more this year. I also want to dress more girly and feminine; I’ve been in a t-shirts and jeans rut for some time now, and I believe that those dog days are over. For taking risks, I would love to start wearing liquid eye-liner and doing more drastic make-up. I also really want to start wearing more dresses and heels.
1. Describe your style in three words.
3. Where do you find inspiration for your outfits?