This week’s Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, courtesy of Katy at ModlyChic.com (check out her new website!), is all about blogging campaigns and events, most of which I am new to. There are certainly some great ones out there, though, including one I’m participating in today!
1. With all the blogging events out there, how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
Since joining FBFF, I’ve become more savvy regarding events and campaigns. I had no idea there were so many! I’ve chosen to do one at a time, otherwise I’d get overwhelmed and lose sight of the purpose of my blog, which is to document my personal style and its evolution. I only participate in ones that don’t compromise any of my beliefs, in ones that support a great cause (like today’s), and in ones that further the vision of my blog.
2. Be honest: have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
As I mentioned before, I’m still pretty new to the blogging community and its events. Luckily, I haven’t wrongly jumped on a bandwagon yet!
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose of your blog?
Maintaining the general mission and purpose of my blog goes back to the questions two weeks ago about authenticity. I try to remain authentic and genuine, both in the clothes I wear regarding the event and in the reasons why I participate in that event.
4. When determining the best content for your blog, what criterion do you keep in mind?
First and foremost, I have to believe in the content I’m supporting, and it has to correspond with what I believe in and how I live my life. It has to further the vision of my blog, as well as my thriftiness and love of style.
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
To be honest, if I’m not supporting it on my blog, I probably won’t mention anything about others participating on my blog. However, I will still comment on their posts as I normally would!
If you haven’t already seen it, check out my post today supporting the Go Red for Women campaign!